Current career opportunities at Integrity Software
Job Title: Professional Services Consultant
Integrity Software are one of the UK’s leading providers of Construction industry specific accounting software and part of the JDM Technology Group.
A Professional Services Consultant is required to expand on Integrity Software’s existing Implementation team and will be required to deliver consultancy days to a high standard. The role will include project management of own projects, and provide services to customers including scheduling of initial service days and ongoing remote and on-site training, tracking of progress, and involvement in issue resolution as needed. You will be required to educate customers on the importance of their involvement and commitment in the implementation process including recommendations concerning setups, processing, and data flow within the customer’s existing operations. You should be able to demonstrate an ability to identify potential issues or shortfalls in customer’s knowledge during the early stages of the project, whilst being able to manage the customer’s expectations.
The key objective is to maintain the high standards of delivery and to ensure successful project Go Live. This will ensure tasks are completed as required and any issues arising are dealt with in a professional manner. Reporting directly to Professional Services Manager, the role will be based throughout the UK and Ireland travelling to client sites with some home working. During home working you there will be times where assisting the rest of the implementation team will be required on their projects.
- Own diary organisation and planning
- Manage day to day operational aspects of projects
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored
- Willing to travel throughout the UK with overnight stays.
- Able to draw up requirements specification and translate that into a practical solution.
- Managing customers’ expectations
- A general understanding of construction accounting or the construction process in the UK
- Confident with the ability to work to own initiative
- Experience as a project manager
- Well organised with the skill to guide customers with a firm and assured manner
- Ability to identify issues and provide solutions at the earliest opportunity
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Be able to interpret and understand client’s needs/requirements
- Driving Licence essential
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to be able to deal with all skill levels
- Experience in providing professional services within the accounting software industry
- Professional accounting qualification (desirable but not essential)
Job Title: QA Analyst
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst to support our internal software testing process from Development through to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and release.
Reporting to the Support & QA Manager, the QA Analyst will act as a co-ordinator between the Development and Support teams, validating software changes and system requirements are correct by carrying out detailed test cases prior to release.
- Candidates will be responsible for the planning, design and execution of unit, regression and UAT test cases and scenarios for both simple and complex software changes, ensuring our products remain stable and functional, as per specification
- The QA Analyst will identify any defects and also any differences in customer expectation or software specification and report these back to both Development and the QA team at the earliest opportunity
- After user acceptance testing, the QA Analyst will document new functionality, both for internal and external consumption, as well as providing handovers to other departments within the business (Support, Professional Services, Sales etc…).
- The QA Analyst will also be required to provide estimates both on individual software changes - usually paid for development, but also for legislative changes.
- Ideally, candidates will have at least two years’ experience in a software testing position and have knowledge of the Development, QA and Support process within a software development business
- Knowledge or usage of construction accounting systems would be highly desirable
- Knowledge of Agile or Scrum methodologies would be useful
- Strong analytical skills, a keen eye for detail, and an organised, structured and methodical way of working is required
- Technical skills including knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Server platforms would also be advantageous
Job Title: Software Support Consultant
We are looking for an energetic, personable and enthusiastic individual to help us deliver a high quality support service to our customers, promoting high levels of customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention.
Reporting to the Support Manager, this role will involve working on the support desk responding to and resolving technical software queries.
As a minimum, candidates should have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be an open and clear communicator - verbal and written
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Have strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work under their own initiative
- Have an enthusiastic can-do attitude and be determined to find and provide solutions
The following skills would also be highly desirable:
- Experience of working in a technical IT support role
- Microsoft SQL, including writing view and enquiries for reporting purposes
- Microsoft Server platforms, Windows operating systems and Excel
- Working in accounts or using accounting software
- Knowledge of the Construction industry