This was through no fault, other than the business had grown significantly in a short space of time. They needed to invest in a new system that could support the recent growth and establish processes that would future-proof the further development of the company. Upgrading their software offered to take away the cost and time being used on of a number of manual processes.
Nottingham based P Hughes Construction is a family run company established in 1988. They provide a vast number of services including groundworks, bulk earthworks, civil engineering, concreting and infrastructure works. They are also contractors to Persimmon Homes, Morris Homes, Bellway Homes, Taylor Wimpey and Galliford Try, to name a few.
Internally, P Hughes Construction managed its financial operations through a five user Evolution system, which was used mainly as an accounts system for ledgers, contracts and payroll.
The company operates on 100 weekly payroll staff and 15 salaried staff, which required spending up to two days a week printing and posting payslips to employees and subcontractors. This time consuming task was just one of the many reasons the company started looking to upgrade their existing system.
In addition to payroll, P Hughes Construction were also completing a vast number of tasks manually:
- They were reliant on excel spreadsheets to manage sales, estimating and project budgeting
- Purchase Orders were handled manually
- Paper records for transactions were manually filed and stored
- The BACS run was handled separately as well as Plant Hire, Tendering and Sales Invoicing
- Subcontractors were verified with HMRC individually over the telephone
They were looking for a more efficient way of completing these tasks and wanted a financial and operational management system that could take away the manual process and enable them to manage various tasks in one integrated platform.
As an existing user, Accounts Manager Tracy spoke to her dedicated Account Manager about Evolution M to see if the system could solve their main challenges.
The basis of upgrade was that Evolution M would not only help in time management for the whole finance department, but would also save the company a significant amount of money that was spent on posting out weekly wage slips.
Having also bought the Document Management, Purchase Order processing and Plant Management modules with their Evolution M software, P Hughes are now able save even more time on financial processes:
- Verify subcontractors “real-time” with a single click
- Absorb e-mail communication
- Site photos and scanned invoiced into the one integrated system
- Attach communications direct to pertinent contracts
- Manage the on/off hiring of site equipment
- Run tender enquiries through the system
If you would like to find out how you can automate and streamline some of your existing financial processes, please get in touch to receive a demo of Evolution M and find out how this could transform your business.