Valley Reinforcements Ltd
The decision was taken to move to a construction specific system as Valley Reinforcements needed to have a system that enabled all admin staff to use the same package to drive efficiency.
Based in Southampton, The VR Group was established in 1988 and specialise in steelworks, roofing, cladding, reinforcement and engineering services. VR Group supply both the building trade and the general public and provide everything from design and drawing services through to construction and installation.
After running Sage and Sage Payroll for a number of years, Finance Manager Sara Pettitt and Managing Director Andrew Gadd decided it was time to review their system and seek to find something more suitable for their needs as a construction business.
- Company directors were unable to comfortably access and analyse KPI information
- The storage and accessibility of documentation was causing inefficiencies and frustrations
- Subcontractor CIS could not be managed within the current system and had to be administered manually in Excel
- Contract costs could not be analysed in sufficient detail
- The system didn’t provide the level of flexibility required around the management of contracts and authorisation of payments and purchase orders
Sara was keen to look at our construction specific Evolution M system as a comparison to their existing Sage solution. Sara was pleasantly surprised with the possibilities offered by the system and the time taken by the Integrity team to explain the capabilities of Evolution M.
“We found that the initial contact with Integrity and the presentation was very good and it made us feel that if they took the trouble to explain the system the way they did then that would mean the rest of the installation would be the same.” Sara explained.
With Evolution M, Valley Reinforcements can look forward to:
- A user-friendly management dashboard which allows non-system users, or system users who have had very little or no training, to easily drill down on business information and access KPIs and electronically held documentation. This is an ideal tool for providing a dynamic cash position view
- Saving significant amounts of time with a fully integrated document management system which automatically stores documents generated by the system against the relevant contract, plus includes the ability to add other contract related files to the system, saving everyone the time and hassle of searching for drawings and invoices at a later date
- A dedicated subcontractor module which will allow the VR Group to verify sub-contractors online with HMRC in an automated fashion and can manage all monthly CIS returns and statements, applying the correct tax treatment accordingly
- Full job costing analysis achieved by the systems’ cost head structure which ensures sufficient detail is expressed at job and contract level. This benefits the Quantity Surveyors in that all purchase orders are not merely loaded against the supplier.
- Flexibility in the defining how the businesses wishes to operate and manage contracts
- Payment authorisation modules which allows for Contract Managers and Quantity Surveyors to participate in, or control, an electronic workflow process, inclusive of all stake holders, to determine levels of approval and the amount to be authorised for payment
Integrity Software looks forward to working with Valley Reinforcements Ltd throughout the implementation of their new system and for many years to come.