31st May 2017
The true cost of posting out invoices in Ireland
(and how to reduce it)
It’s estimated that the true cost of sending invoices ranges from €3.51 up to €8.37 with this potentially rising depending on the size of your organisation. A large contributor to this cost is the growing price of sending post.
The increasing cost of sending post in Ireland shows no signs of slowing. The cost has already recently risen by 20%, with the cost of a national stamp now at €1. Businesses who send letters in bulk may see smaller, but still significant increases.
Other contributing factors to the high cost include:
- Direct costs (envelopes, paper, ink)
- Indirect costs (storage/archiving, preparation)
- Hidden costs (payment processing errors, dealing with requests for copy invoices)
Construction companies can cut their postage costs by electronically sending across key documents such as invoices and payslips instead of through the post. Electronic documents aren’t just cheaper. They’re more convenient, too - both for your business, and your clients. Here’s some major cost and time reducing benefits of using a Document Management system:
- Send essential business document electronically
- Increased document control with the ability to review, amend and search
- Track documents electronically with the capability to instantly resend
- Customers will receive your Invoices almost instantly (meaning you could get paid sooner)
- Reduce cost of labour, paper, envelopes etc.
- Cut down on your impact on the environment
- Save on storage with less physical archiving of documents
Document Management systems are used by organisations to track, manage and store documents and reduce paper. Evolution M’s Built in Document Management is an ideal tool for organisations with multiple sites or field based staff, providing fast, easy access to files for all users regardless of location.
From within the Document Management module you can view, store and attach all documents and reports created within the system and stored from an external location, for example invoices, drawings and images. This creates one central location for contract managers to store images, contracts and other useful documents.
For more information on how Document Management works in Evolution M get in touch.